Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Future Farmers

We spent the past weekend at the Walker Farm in Ozark, AR.  The Walkers are good friends of the Moretons, and their kids grew up together.  Ironically I also went to school with Emily and Julie, but did not know that the Moretons knew them until after Dayne and I started dating.  How small is this world you ask?  Emily and I had our babies 3 weeks apart.  Canon Borum (Emily's baby boy) is 3 weeks older than Ivy Kate.  As you will be able to tell from the pictures below, they will be lifelong friends for sure!  




 I could just eat those yummy little toes!

Julie, Emily, and LaLa playing with Canon



 One of my favorites of Mr. Canon

 Hanging out in the nap nanny's discussing their options for lunch.  "Should I have 5 ounces or 6?"

We are now on rig #2.  When you're on the farm, you're gonna get dirty!

I just love those sweet cheeks!  Don't let them fool you though...there's fire behind them at times. :o)

"How many times are you going to take our picture, lady?!?!"

All tuckered out after an eventful morning.  We had to get recharged for our afternoon play date.

 While the babies took a nap, Miss Allie and Julie played Patty Cake.  Allie was quite the entertainment!

And the boys inspected their newly erected bridge over the creek.  

And the cows became very curious as to what I was doing with the large black box that I was flashing in their faces.

She was the ring leader.  "Be sure and get my good side, please."

"I just got my hair done, what do you think?"

"Are you ever going to put that camera down?  I'm trying to play with my mommy here!"

"Wait, did you say if I'd smile their might be a bottle in my near future??"

"Did you hear that, mommy?  She said I could have a bottle soon!"

"That was a dirty trick!  I'm a growing boy you know!"

Allie singing songs to Can Man

Belly full...wiped out from a fun day on the farm!  

Geet is so proud!

So is LaLa!  How fun to have 2 best friends get to spoil their grandbabies at the same time!

Someone got a hold of Pawpaw's glasses...."my, what big eyes you have!"

Monkey see, monkey do.  Allie had to have her turn with the glasses as well.

Not a happy camper for having to give Pawpaw's glasses back.  This little cowgirl had a long day as well.

We had a great time.  Thanks for having us, Walkers! 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment